News from MOE
Teachers' Day Celebration - Tiny Moments That Matter
TELL US ABOUT A SPECIAL TEACHER!
Share your story about that teacher who pushed you to do better, who picked you for that performance, who smiled at you and made you feel a part of the school.
We will choose the best stories to turn into illustrations and share them on our social media platforms. Winners will receive two printed illustrated copies (one for your teacher and another for yourself) of your story.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1) Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
2) Write your story (in less than 100 words) on either a Facebook status update, an Instagram post or a tweet.
3) Add #TinyMoments2018 to your post and remember to make your social media accounts public so that we can read your story!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Contest closes at 2359hrs on 1 September 2018.
- Participants must abide by Facebook, Instagram and Twitter’s minimum age requirement of 13 years old.
- Participants have to follow MOE on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and keep their account or post public during the contest duration.
- Winners will be evaluated according to the content of the post.
- When contacted via Private/ Direct Message, winners must submit their full name, age, school (if applicable) and contact number.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- MOE reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the rules of the contest.
- MOE’s decision on the winning entries is final.
- MOE reserves the right to publish all winners’ names and contest entries in its publicity materials.
- MOE reserves the right to use and re-publish the submitted posts in any form.
- MOE reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, if necessary.
We are featured in Schoolbag.sg
Laying Strong Foundations in Values, Attitudes, Knowledge and Skills
On to a Strong Start at MOE Kindergarten!
As part of MOE’s efforts to provide strong foundations for every child and develop them into well-rounded individuals and lifelong learners, the MOE Kindergartens’ (MK) curriculum is designed to nurture pre-school children holistically so that they are self-confident, have strong social skills, and a good foundation in literacy and numeracy. Children in MKs are provided with an exciting learning journey through two flagship programmes – the HI-Light Programme and Starlight Literacy Programme.
Kindergarten Care, a full-day service for MK children (7am to 7pm), is available at most MOE Kindergartens.
The MK Open Houses on 2 April and 9 April are great opportunities for parents with pre-school children to find out more about these programmes.
Visit an Open House near you and speak to the educators to find out more!
If you know of any parents who are looking for quality and affordable kindergarten programme, do encourage them to RSVP today at www.moe.gov.sg/moekindergarten
Operation WE Clean UP
Earlier last month, MOE announced that students in all schools will be involved in and help each other in the daily cleaning of their school environment. Through this, schools hope to inculcate in students good life habits, and a sense of responsibility and care for their own space and for shared spaces.
Such values cannot be inculcated in our children without parental support and partnership in mutually reinforcing these values in school and at home. On Sunday, 8 May 2016, as part of the Keep Singapore Clean (KSC) Movement the Public Hygiene Council (PHC) is organising a one-day mass litter picking exercise to involve everyone in Singapore for a truly clean Singapore. You and your children can be part of this island-wide effort either by leading an ‘Operation’ or joining an ‘Operation’:
Lead an ‘Operation’:
· Commit to a location and register here
· Rally your family, friends and community to join you
· Attend a briefing session conducted by PHC on 9 April 2016
Join an ‘Operation’
· Choose your preferred ‘Operation’ location here(locations will be displayed by end April)
· Contact the respective organiser to sign up
· Encourage your family and friends to join you
For more details, do visit PHC’s website. If you have any suggestions on how you can support the KSC Movement, email PHC at the following email address:publichygienecouncil.sg@gmail.
Don’t forget to tag your photos and stories with#keepsgclean!
Please share this email with your PSG members and friends, and connect with us on MOE Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube channel. You can also visit Schoolbag.sg website for more education news, and stories on school programmes and activities.
If you have any questions or comments for us on our updates, you can email us at Engagement@moe.gov.sg. To ensure delivery to your inbox, please addEngagement@moe.gov.sg to your address book. If you do not wish to receive future emails from us, you may email us to unsubscribe.
Thank you for your efforts in strengthening and promoting school-home-community collaborations in your role as a Parent Support Group member. We look forward to your continued support in this meaningful partnership of nurturing the next generation.
Are you a Savior Mum or Dad?
Resources for parents and schools
1.This slides provide useful tips and resources for parents regarding the transition to P1 and Sec 1.
View this infographic on factors to consider in choosing a secondary school.
Are we expecting too much?
Please click here for more info...
Safeguarding your child online
Please click here for more info...