Mrs Thelagavathi Gajan
Year Head, Lower Primary
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about." - New Benjamin Lee Whorf
Mrs Mena Junesh
Members of the Department
Mrs Safeenah Banu
Department’s MissionVision: Adventurous Learners with a passion for the Tamil Language.
Mission: Create an environment where pupils will develop a love for Tamil Language and have a firm rootedness to the Indian culture.
Department’s/ Subject’s Overview
‘யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ்மொழி போல் இனிதாவது எங்கும் காணோம்’
மகாகவி சுப்பிரமணிய பாரதிI
Adapted from the 2015 Primary Tamil Language Syllabus
To make Tamil Language a Living Language in Singapore through….
Our Aims and Objectives
To provide pupils a strong foundation in the 4 skills of the language, namely; Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing and to provide pupils opportunities to enhance their oral and written communication skills .
We conduct the following student centric
values driven programmes and activities with the integration of the 21st
Century competencies and skills which aim to enhance students’ holistic
development and prepare them for the future.
Programmes and Activities
ICT Lessons using PlICKERS (School Value – Adventurous Learners)
Talk for Parents by SINDA (Working Hand in Hand with our Stakeholders)
CultuCultural cum Language Camp
MTF Activities (School Value- A love for Learning)
Learning Journey – P3 & P4 Drama LJ
Tip for Parents
- Bring your child to the library or bookshops to cultivate a reading habit.
- Make use of the following to engage your child in conversations:
- Simple books, starting with books with attractive illustrations.
- Our very own electronic books at https://www.mconline.sg/
- Quality Tamil Language programmes
- Objects in your environment such as road signs and advertisements
- Build up your child’s confidence by not correcting his or her mistakes excessively
- We also work closely with the following stakeholders to conduct the following:
- Motivational Talk by SINDA.
- Talk by Media Corp Celebrities.
- MC Online on the production of e-books.
- ETD Officers, Mdm Sumathi and Mr Jayakumar (Knowledgeable Other) on our Lesson Study.